Basic Facts About Sourdough bread
Modern-day wheat is bred in such a way that it now contains far more gluten, which, some say, may aggravate and promote conditions like IBS and celiac disease to acne and fatigue. Regular yeast used with most commercially baked breads does not break down the gluten properly. This can be a cause for digestive discomfort and bloating. Wild yeast which is used in sourdough bread makes the bread easier for us to digest and makes the digested starches to be absorbed much more slowly. It also allows more nutrients to be absorbed by the body such as the minerals calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc. A type of acid present in commercially produced bread and yeasts binds with those minerals and makes it less available to the body. This acid is called “phytic acid”.
Most commercially produced breads also contain an additive called potassium bromine. This makes the dough rise quicker and easier to work with. Flour normally needs to be aged to make it easier to knead and allow rise properly. Adding potassium bromine allows manufactures rs bakers to skip this process. This makes it quicker to process and produce the flour, but comes at the expense of the consumer. Here are some basic facts about this chemical:
- Potassium bromine is an additive used in flour which strengthens the dough and allows it to rise higher. Furthermore, it gives the finished bread an appealing white color.
- It is not allowed for use or is banned as a food additive in a number of countries, including the United Kingdom, Canada, Brazil and the European Union.
- What makes potassium bromine so unhealthy is that it competes for the same receptors that are used to capture iodine on your thyroid.
- If you are exposed to a lot of bromine, your body will not be able to hold on to the iodine that it needs
- Iodine affects every tissue in your body – not just your thyroid.
- Low thyroid can lead to weight gain as well as many other health issues associated with low thyroid, such as hypothyroidism.
View Products here https://www.organiccircleonline.com/tags/370/products